Mobile Orbiter phones - Symbian Bluetooth
This page shows you how to setup a Symbian Bluetooth phone as a Mobile Orbiter.
- On the phone go to Menu-->Tools-->Manager.
- Hit the left button, choose settings, and set "Software installation" to 'on'.
- Set the "online certificate check" to 'off'.
- On the phone: Menu-->Connect-->Bluetooth-->turn Bluetooth on-->make your phone visible (public).
- Go near a Media Director with a Bluetooth dongle. Within 30 seconds or so you will see a message on any nearby Orbiter that a new phone is detected. Select the phone's owner. The software will be sent automatically to the phone as a message in the phone's inbox. Accept the default installation options. The phone will update its own software.
- If the software gets deleted and you want the Media Director to resend it:
- Turn the phone off.
- Go to LinuxMCE Admin Website-->Advanced-->Devices
- Select the Orbiter off the device list on the left hand of screen
- Once the device information is loaded in the main section of the device information page, check the box for "Reconfigure Device".
- Turn the phone back on. The software should be resent.