The Plan is to use LinuxMCE to record TV through a HDHomeRun, Stream Music to squeezeboxes and MDs and possibly lighting/AV equipment control I currently use the NAS to stream directly to C200 Popcorn Hours as this allows me to play BD.iso
- Summary: It is installed as a hybrid but will be used as a dedicated core in the future
- Mainboard: ASrock N68-S3-UCC DDR3 All-In-One DDR3
- CPU: Sempron 140
- Memory: 2 GB Kingston
- Case: A cheap 2U rack mount case
- HDD: One 320GB Seagate AV drive (spare part I used)
- NIC: Onboard 100M for external (Nvidia) and a cheap Gigabit (Ritmo I believe which uses a Realtek r8169 nodule) card for internal
- Video: On Board NVidia - Didn't get the start up video but didn't really care as core only.
Everything seems to work straight out of the box with no issues.
- Tenda 'el cheap' Gigabit switch
- Linksys wireless AP point, set to DHCP off.
- unRAID NAS  - Not part of LinuxMCE