From LinuxMCE wiki
Location: Lillesand, Norway
Occupation: Vessel Manager for Wilhelmsen Ship Management
Gender/Age: Male, 1976
Contributing to the Norwegian translation
Hybrid: (Located in a closet oposite to the living room)
- Asus M3N78-EM onboard: GeForce 8300, GbLan, DVI, HDMI, 1394, Raid http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M3N78EM/#specifications
- AMD Phenom II 940 Quad Core 3000Mhz
- 4GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Gold XTC
- 3 X 1TB Western Digital Caviar Greepower 7200RPM SATA II, 32MB
- 2 X 2TB Western Digital Caviar Greenpower SATA, 64MB
- Coolermaster Midi Tower w/Chieftec 450W Power, 3 X Silent Fans
- Hauppauge HD-PVR
- A HP laptop with the screen removed as MD. (Video over VGA)
- A Dell Inspiron 9300 with the screen removed as MD. (Video over DVI)
- ZOTAC ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID33, Atom 525, nVIDIA ION, DDR2 SO-DIMM, HDMI, 1080p, SATAII, eSA
- Sharp Aquos LC-52X20E (52" LCD), Connected to the Hybrid.
- Sharp Aquos LC-46D65E (46" LCD), Connected to the HP MD
- Panasonic Viesa (32" LCD), Connected to the Dell MD
- Andersson (32" LED), connected to the ZBOX MD
Lights and Controllers:
- 1 X SeluxIT Zwave Controller
- 1 X Duewi 05447 Wireless Switching Centre
- 1 X Duewi 05445 Remote Inclusion Controller
- 5 X Duewi 05433 (7) - ZW Edan 300 light dimmer
- 4 X Duewi 05431 (3) - ZW ES 1000 light switch
- 1 X ACT HomePro ZRM230 light switch (Only left paddle controlling the load is detected and working in LMCE)
- 1 X Duewi 05443 Wireless Wall Transmitter
- 1 X Duewi 05443-EX Wireless Wall Transmitter
- 1 X Everlux AN158 Plug in on/off module
- 1 X Horstmann HRT4-ZW together with HRT4 ASR-ZW
- 8 X Z-Wave smoke detectors. Everday Technology SD-728V1-I / Everspring SF812 / Flex-control SF812-1 Smoke Detectors
- The broadband router w/wifi for "External Net"
- D-Link Dir 655 Wireless N router for "Internal Net"
- UPS for the core and wifi/switch
- Started with installing the 10.04 from Repo.
- Later upgraded with apt-get.
- Created the Diskless Boot for the MD's.
- Added a Dyndns account to access the core from work.
On the core:
- Audio over HDMI not working. Soundcard not detected.
- RS232 Serial connection to the TV does not work. Testserial works, but TV not detected automatic..
- Tagging of media does not work. (When it comes to "category" of the media.
- Tried Trust USB Bluetooth Dongles which was detected by LMCE, but it does not detect any Bluetooth devices.
- Tried Billiton USB Bluetooth Dongle which did detect some equipment like phone and laptop, but never managed to get the phones to work as an orbiter.
On the ZBOX MD:
- Audio over HDMI not working
- Get the above issues fixed
- Extend the automation part
to be continued...