From LinuxMCE wiki
Version 0710 was released May 7th, 2008
Note: If you have RC1 you do not need to download the final release. See here.
Before installing, check out the Known Issues.
LinuxMCE is integrated into the KDE desktop and runs on Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10. Click here for the change log.
- Choose one of the torrents or mirrors here.
How to install :
1. If you have Kubuntu 0710 Gutsy installed and you want to keep your application settings, use the CD installation. The installation steps are the same as for 0704.
2. If you want to do a quick install, use the DVD. It installs both Kubuntu 710 (Gutsy) and LinuxMCE 0710. See the DVD Installation instructions.
Warning: The DVD quick installation will wipe the entire disk of the machine. All previous data will be permanently lost!
3. If you have LinuxMCE 0704, you might want to try one of the following upgrade methods ( more here ):
- Install using the upgrade DVD, with "keep settings" option (also works if you want to switch to the amd64 version).
- Download the upgrade helper application from gutsy-upgrade-scripts_0.1.0-2_i386.deb. Choose to install from the web or from DVD (if you have a double layer DVD).
FOSS 0710 for the FOSS and development community. Explains the developments in the open source development after version 1.1, and progress in developing a FOSS community