Main Page with user videos
Your guide to a smarter home!
Browsing media files
(low resolution UI1)
Telephone dial pad
(low resolution UI1)
More screenshots and videos
LinuxMCE is the only all-in-one open source solution that seamlessly combines:
- Media & entertainment with a server for music and video, plus a PVR (like TiVo or Sky+)
- Home automation to control everything from lights to heating with a touch-screen tablet or your mobile phone
- VoIP based Phone system
- Security system that feeds live video to your mobile device during a security breach
LinuxMCE builds on the superior networking capabilities of Linux to create a home automation/multimedia/communication network. No other operating system has this capability.
Read more to see all the possibilities that LinuxMCE offers.
See the FAQ for quick answers to common questions about LinuxMCE.
Watch the LinuxMCE Video showing a detailed hardware and installation walk-through.
Please take a moment to read about known issues before downloading our Quick Install DVD or the Two-CD Installer.
|Download LinuxMCE or buy LinuxMCE Products|
After checking known issues please download from an appropriate mirror
You may then want to check out the DVD Installation guide for a step by step walk through of setting up and configuring LinuxMCE.
- LinuxMCE-0810 beta (for testing) is released (16-Oct-09)
- LinuxMCE-0810 alpha2 (for testing) is released (18-Feb-09)
- LinuxMCE-0810 alpha1 (for testing) is released (1-Dec-08)
- LinuxTag 2008 a resounding success (28-May-08)
- LinuxMCE Version 0710 (RC2) is released (07-May-08)
- LinuxMCE Logos are now available for download (09-Apr-08)
- RC1 Insteon Support (20-Feb-08)
- Linux Media Center PCs Review Roundup (4-Oct-07)
|More LinuxMCE media coverage|
Third party media and blog coverage
Wiki Site News
- A new scratch-pad area is being set up to help document a new front end website.
- LinuxMCE Wiki was updated to the latest version which includes an RSS feed extension. Instructions about how to use it can be found here, or take a look at a Test RSS (31-Jan-08)
This Wiki has many hierarchical categories of articles. There are also developer maillists, source code repositories (with attached discussions), bug/issue report mangement and forums for discussion among users, developers and other members of the LinuxMCE community.
User Setups and Videos
| User Setups
LinuxMCE User Setups/Configurations
| User Videos|
Videos from LinuxMCE User and their Setups
LinuxMCE User Manual
HOWTO guides describing common scenarios
|Frequently Asked Questions
Responses to the most common questions
Help with common problems
Stay up to date with regular emails
Contact people involved with the project
A guide for software developers
Open source software used by LinuxMCE
Help improve the software by reporting bugs
Access the LinuxMCE source code
View version histories and changes